About Journey Community Schools
Our Mission & Vision
Mission: We engage families and community partners in our scholars’ learning journey; cultivate a safe, positive and joyous learning environment; and empower teachers and leaders with support to deliver an inclusive, innovative and rigorous education.
Vision: To develop a community of lifelong learners who excel in all areas of life.
- We believe that education is the shared responsibility of students, staff, parents, and the community.
- We believe any and all progress should be constantly celebrated; there is joy at and in doing the work.
- We believe every moment matters and there is a learning opportunity in every interaction.
- We believe all should advocate for what they need to help inform decisions.
- We believe in high expectations and providing equitable support to reach these expectations.
Give the best, expect the best.
We have high standards. We take pride in our work. It is our responsibility to give our best and we hold each other accountable for the same.
Eager to learn and get better.
We embrace tough problems, find solutions, and take action.We seek to understand in order to make the best choices. We never stop learning.
We have a shared voice in our community where each member plays an important role in our success. We come alongside each other to ensure the best outcomes.
Choose to be positive.
We choose to be positive for our own well-being and the well being of those around us. We celebrate the success of others. We find fulfillment in the journey.
Courage to continue.
We overcome the unexpected. We handle challenges which foster strength and growth better than before.